Del Norte Council 2592 has been very busy and the activity of this council will continue to increase. Council 2592 completed the installation of new officers on July 10, 2021.There were 53 attendees including Knights, family, friends and parish priests. Special guests included Diocesan Deputy Art Aguirre and District Deputy #7 Jesus Granado.Special thanks to the spouses who helped with preparation of the menu, table decorations and hall setup. This is what Council 2592 accomplished for the Month of July:
- Hall Preparation for Immigrants. Several volunteers helped fold chairs and tables in the church hall. Other duties included cleaning and storing of furniture and fixtures normally set up in the hall and dining room with a capacity of 400 occupants.
- Roger Bacon College Round Table. Coordinators Al Davis and Carlos Aceves continue to coordinate Round Table activities at Roger Bacon. The Round Table meets every 3rd Monday of the month at 12pm in the church hall at Roger Bacon. The Round Table sponsored an Enchilada Plate Fundraiser, raising $1,500 for Roger Bacon. A Knights sponsored rosary has been instituted for the 2nd Sunday of every month at 10:00am.Recruitment efforts continue
- Blood Drive. Brother Alfredo Herrera organized a Blood Drive for July 25 at San Javier Church. Volunteers donated blood after every mass.18 donors volunteered to donate blood.
- Financial Assistance to a parish priest whose family in Mexico was affected by COVID.A parish priest’s family in Mexico was affected by Covid and the Council made a cash to assist his family with the purchase of food and medicine.
- Knight support for Brother Knight whose father passed away.19 Knights and their families supported and prayed with the Dominguez family at the Holy Rosary, Funeral Mass and burial of Brother Rosendo’s beloved father, Rosendo Dominguez Sr.
- Father Yermo School Liaison. The Grand Knight met with the Sisters of Father Yermo Catholic School concerning our youth programs and charity work. They are eager to work with us to involve their students in our programs.